This a continuation of the 10 crypto billionaires first mentioned in Crypto Billionaires Keep Adding Up Part 1.
Net worth estimates were provided by Forbes based on estimated holdings of cryptocurrencies, post-tax profits from trading crypto-assets and stakes in crypto-related businesses. They locked in their estimates using prices on January 2018.
11. Brendan Blumer (Estimated Crypto Net Worth: $600 Million-$700 Million)
- An American entrepreneur, executive, and investor.
- Founder and CEO of Block.one, the tech company producing the EOS.IO distributed ledger software.
Blumer’s Block.one secures investment money from PayPal’s Peter Thiel and Bitmain’s Jihan Wu. Block.one’s first project was EOS, a blockchain platform that supports smart contracts.
12. Dan Larimer (Estimated Crypto Net Worth: $600 Million-$700 Million)
- One of the crypto world’s best-known entrepreneurs.
- A software programmer and cryptocurrency serial entrepreneur.
- Creator of the cryptocurrency platform BitShares.
- Co-founder of the blockchain social platform Steemit.
- Chief Technology Officer of Block.one
Larimer confirmed that Block.one is developing an EOS wallet for use with iPhones. Although Larimer isn’t quite definite, he mentioned that wallet’s unique users may be given a free EOS account.
13. Valery Vavilov (Estimated Crypto Net Worth: $500 Million-$700 Million)
- CEO of Bitfury, the world’s leading full-service blockchain technology company.
- Held several technology and business leadership positions.
Bitfury Group launched “BE BIG,” a global education initiative that would advance the adoption of blockchain as the technology of digital trust. Vavilov stated that every person deserves an equal education to adopt blockchain.
14. Charles Hoskinson (Estimated Crypto Net Worth: $500 Million-$600 Million)
- A Colorado-based technology entrepreneur and mathematician.
- Founding chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation’s education committee and established the Cryptocurrency Research Group in 2013.
- One of the eight original co-founders of Ethereum.
- CEO of IOHK and co-founder of Cardano.
Hoskinson expressed his belief that Cardano will become the first trillion dollar cryptocurrency. When that happens, it would mean that they have made a self-sustaining economy.
15. Brad Garlinghouse (Estimated Crypto Net Worth: $400 Million-$500 Million)
- CEO of financial technology company Ripple.
- Former CEO and Chairman of Hightail, the file-sharing site.
Ripple is facing a lawsuit alleging the company violated US securities laws through its sale of XRP. Garlinghouse strongly denies accusations that XRP is a security.
16. Barry Silbert (Estimated Crypto Net Worth: $400 Million-$500 Million)
- Founder & CEO of Digital Currency Group, a company helping to build the foundation of the digital currency and blockchain technology industry.
- Known on Wall Street for building SecondMarket, an exchange for tough-to-trade assets.
Silbert is confident about bitcoin as an investment, stating that bitcoin has finally bottomed for the year. He is positive that a decentralized, non-fiat form of money is here to stay.
17. Vitalik Buterin (Estimated Crypto Net Worth: $400 Million-$500 Million)
- A Russian-Canadian programmer and writer.
- Co-founder of Ethereum.
- Co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine.
- Involved in the Bitcoin community since 2011.
Buterin scaled solutions for Ethereum. The scaling was performed to enhance the capability of Ethereum to build a layer of Ethereum smart contracts.
Let’s wrap it up with a nice little bow. One must say, this will not be the last list of the richest people in cryptocurrency. It will keep on adding up as long as crypto exists.